Jakarta EE Momentum Continues With Jakarta EE 9.1
Jakarta EE 9.1 includes a number of updates and new options, and is compatible with Java SE 11. As a result, Java developers have more flexibility to mix and match technologies as needed to meet their unique application development and migration requirements. For example, they can:
- Develop and deploy Jakarta EE 9.1 applications on Java SE 11, the most current LTS release of Java SE, as well as Java SE 8
- Leverage Java SE 11 features that have been added since Java SE 8 in their Jakarta EE 9.1 applications
- Leverage new technologies that support Java SE 11 in their Jakarta EE 9.1 applications
- Migrate existing Jakarta EE 9 applications to Java SE 11 without changes
- Migrate existing Java EE and Jakarta EE 8 applications to Jakarta EE 9.1 using the same straightforward process available for migration to Jakarta EE 9
Compatibility certifications with Jakarta EE 9.1 are already well underway, with five products certified as compatible with the release:
- IBM’s Open Liberty
- Eclipse Glassfish
- Apache TomEE
- Red Hat’s Wildfly
- ManageCat’s ManageFish
More from this Edition
The Eclipse Foundation is a sponsor of the Handelsblatt GovTech Gipfel Conference 2021, a one-day virtual conference that unites political and government technology leaders in Germany.
If you work with Java, please take a few minutes to complete the Jakarta EE Developer Survey by May 31. The survey results could influence your next Java development decisions.