The latest Eclipse IDE release includes improved Maven and Java tooling.
As always, this release of the free, open source Eclipse IDE is available thanks to hundreds of contributors and committers around the world. With 66 projects and more than 103 million lines of code, there are a wide range of enhancements, including:
- Improved Open Resource dialog, faster search & replace, new preference for line spacing in text editors
- A huge variety of platform plugins that will ease the addition of new functionality
- Better detection and configuration of Maven projects
- Theme and style improvements that include dark theme tool tips in Windows, better icons, and cleaner message dialogs
- Improved code completion and Java formatter, added support to launch JUnit tests in subpackages and new Bytecode view for advanced Java developers
To download the Eclipse IDE: