Eclipse IDE Community Celebrates a New Release and 20th Anniversary
As we continue to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the first release, the Eclipse IDE community and Eclipse Foundation have shipped Eclipse IDE 2021-12. Download the installer and take a few minutes to see how the community is celebrating this momentous occasion.
The latest quarterly release of the Eclipse IDE features a number of improvements that help developers accelerate innovation, including:
- Support for Java 17 and JUnit 5.8
- Support for JUnit tests that are records
- New quick fixes and clean ups
- New launch configuration view, multi-text selection, and improved theme and styling
- EGit support for pull requests from GitHub and GitLab
- Platform plugins that make it easier to add new functionality
Explore Eclipse IDE Anniversary Content
Celebrate the Eclipse IDE past and present:
- Take a walk down memory lane with some of the original people involved in the Eclipse IDE and hear from those who are shaping the platform today: Watch the community retrospective video.
- Read Eclipse Foundation Executive Director Mike Milinkovich’s reflections on why the Eclipse IDE has been adopted by so many developers: Go to Mike’s blog.
- Celebrate the anniversary on social media: Visit the anniversary webpage.
More from this Edition
If you couldn’t join us on the day, all JakartaOne Livestream talks are now featured on the Jakarta EE YouTube channel.