Eclipse IDE 2021-09 Is Now Available
The latest Eclipse IDE release includes Java 17 support as well as key theme and style improvements that accelerate innovation. Download it now.
As always, this release of the free, open source Eclipse IDE is available thanks to hundreds of contributors and committers around the world. With 67 projects and more than 66 million lines of code, there are a wide range of enhancements, including:
- Java 17 support that includes pattern matching for switch (preview), sealed classes, and more
- Improved Java development tools that include many new quick fixes, refactorings, cleanups, and default type filter preferences
- Theme and style improvements that include dark theme tool tips in Windows, better icons, and cleaner message dialogs
- A variety of platform plug-ins that simplify the addition of new functionality
To download the Eclipse IDE:
- Use the Eclipse installer. The installer provides a self-extracting download that takes you through the installation process.
- Access packages and zip files on our package download page.